RILLINGTON SURGERY RE-OPENING 19th July
We are planning a phased re-opening of our Rillington Practice in the next few weeks
Initial opening hours will be
MONDAY TO FRIDAY 8am – 12.30pm
NOTICE FOR PATIENTS USING DELIVERY SERVICE
The delivery service will still be based at SHERBURN and your prescription will be delivered from Sherburn.
If we are unable to deliver your medication it will be returned to Sherburn Surgery and you will need to collect your medication from Sherburn Surgery.
When ordering your prescription, please state if the item is for delivery or collection. If your item is for collection, please indicate which location you will need to collect from
Dispensary services will be available over the phone at both sites.
From 12.30 – 6pm phone calls will be handled by Sherburn dispensary only.
We aim to provide you with the best service possible. Please be patient during this initial re-opening phase.
SHERBURN & RILLINGTON PRACTICE
Privacy Notice and the New General Practice Data for Planning and Research Data Collection
Please click here to view the Privacy Notice and additional information about the new General Practice Data for Planning and Research data collection. Opt out forms available via this link also, or available from the practice reception.
Further information available via:
Proof of Covid Vaccinations:
From 17 May international travel will be permitted to a limited number of countries and in some cases proof of Covid-19 vaccination will be required. The mechanism for proving your vaccine status is through the NHS app. For those who cannot access the NHS app you can request written proof that you have received your Covid-19 vaccination by contacting the NHS on 119.
Please do not contact your GP practice.
You can find out more at:
COVID - 19 Vaccinations
We are contacting patients regarding the Covid 19 vaccinations. These vaccinations will be offered at Sherburn Surgery whilst we continue to receive the Astra Zeneca vaccine or at Derwent Practice for the Pfizer vaccine.
Please wait to be contacted by the surgery. This will keep our telephone lines free for patients that need our care.
Please be assured that we will vaccinate all our patients, as soon as possible, when further vaccines become available to us.
Thank you for your patience.
STATEMENT FROM SHERBURN AND RILLINGTON PRACTICE 25.03.2020
Sherburn & Rillington Practice has announced that from Friday 27th March all services including our dispensary service will be delivered from the Sherburn Practice.
In the light of the ongoing COVID-19 situation the vast majority of consultations will now be done via phone, SMS or video consultation. Non-urgent work is being stopped or postponed. We are continuing to provide:
- Medical advice and treatments to patients who are unwell, and face to face medical attention following remote consultation if it is clinically deemed necessary. Patients with potential COVID-19 will be assessed at our ‘hot’ site.
- Medication queries and supply of medication to our patients.
- Investigations for immediately necessary conditions i.e. blood tests and urgent referrals into secondary care or radiology.
- Palliative care for our patients.
- Wound management and dressings – nurses may encourage patients to self-care and we can provide dressings where possible.
- 6 week post-natal mother and baby checks can be done at 8 weeks with a GP and an appointment immediately after with a nurse to provide the immunisations. This limits visits to the practice. GPs and nurses will contact parents ahead of the appointments; this will reduce the time required face to face at the appointment. Where possible appointments will be limited to one parent attending with the child and no siblings. This advice is the same for all childhood immunisations.
- Long-term condition reviews for patients with severe diabetes, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, asthma, chronic kidney disease and mental health conditions will go ahead for patients who are deemed to be at a higher risk. These will be remote consultations and our team will contact these patients. Necessary blood testing will continue as requested by a clinician.
- INR testing and blood tests for patients taking DMARDS (high risk blood monitoring) will continue.
- Smears for patients who still wish to attend, especially patients who may have had previous high risk changes/treatment to cervix or who are on more frequent recalls.
- Our nurses can continue to provide prostap, zoladex and nebido injections.
- Patients who usually have a depo contraceptive injection may be switched to an alternative medication and a GP can provide advice on this.
- Patients who have regular B12 injections may be switched to an oral medication and a GP can provide advice on this.
Regular reviews for medical conditions not mentioned above will be postponed for the foreseeable future. We will do our best to catch up when the current crisis is over.
We are screening all patients before they come to the practice.
- Do you have a raised temperature?
- Do you have a new cough?
- Do you have a change to or loss of your sense of smell or taste?
- Does anyone in your household have any of these symptoms?
- Have you recently had a Positive test of COVID-19?
If you answer Yes to any of these questions please do not attend your appointment.
We are asking all patients to wear a face covering if they have a face to face appointment with a phlebotomist, nurse, physician associate or GP because the recommended 2 metres social distancing cannot be observed during a consultation.
If you are concerned about your health during this time, particularly if you have new worrying symptoms not related to COVID-19, please contact the practice and we will arrange for a nurse to telephone you.
The partners and staff at the practice wish to thank our all of our patients for their continued support during this anxious time.
Welcome to the Sherburn & Rillington Practice Website
We are confident that our website will provide clear and concise help and give our patients the information they require in an easy and convenient format. It has been designed with the patient’s needs at the forefront of everything, from checking surgery times to letting us know what you think of us.
Our dedicated team are here to treat those minor ailments that occur as well as providing specialist management of long-term conditions and clinics covering a wide range of healthcare issues. The technology also means you can now do a lot of things from the comfort of your home such as order a repeat prescription or cancel an appointment.
Partners in Care
Once registered, patients and healthcare professionals work together to ensure the most appropriate care is provided. This partnership philosophy extends even further and our active patient group exists to make sure that patient needs and the practice offering are always heading in the same direction.
Both surgeries have got car parking facilities and access for disabled people.
This practice aspires to provide high quality primary care.
- We aim to do this in a friendly setting for all our patients, insuring equality of access.
- We value the contribution of all members of the practice team and wish to encourage high levels of job satisfaction and personal development.
- In achieving our aims and in recognition of the very hard work involved we expect a high level of respect and courtesy from those using our service.
- The partners accept "The duties of a Doctor registered with the General Medical Council".
Extended Access Service
Sherburn and Rillington Practice is working alongside other GP surgeries in Ryedale to provide services 7 days per week.
Sherburn and Rillington Practice provides routine patient appointments outside of core hours:
- Thursday up to 8pm
- Selected Sunday mornings from 8-10:30am
- Monday, Wednesday and Friday up to 8pm
- Saturday mornings from 8-10:30am
- Selected Sunday mornings from 8-10:30am
Ampleforth & Hovingham Surgery:
- Tuesday up to 8pm
- Selected Sunday mornings from 8-10:30am
In order for you to be seen at one of these other practices within the Extended Access Service, you will need to consent to share your electronic medical record so that the team at Ampleforth or Derwent will have access to your full medical record. You will be asked for your consent when you book an appointment and only with your consent, we will set up this share. Unfortunately, without this consent, you cannot be seen anywhere other than your usual registered practice.
Find out more about the sharing of your records here.
Should you wish to book an appointment as part of the Extended Access Service, please contact the practice on 01944 710226.
Please use the following link to check whether you are eligible for a shingles vaccination. If you are then please make an appointment with one of our Practice Nurses. www.shinglesaware.co.uk
(Site updated 13/07/2021)